Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Minutes and Meetings

So this morning Andrew let me know that I was in charge of typing up the Government Affairs Committee conference call minutes. This is great since I’ve never taken minutes, nor written minutes, nor ever applied for a position where minutes were involved because I the idea of minutes makes me cringe. On the other hand, I was able to look up a few different things that State Affairs needed including info on Dieticians/Nutritionist accreditation and an article in the Salt Lake City Tribune on how Medicaid cuts will affect patients receiving physical therapy care. And of course I had some copies to make.

I had meetings with Sarah in Federal Regulatory Affairs and Justin Elliott/Angela in State Government Affairs this afternoon to overview each of their respective areas. I completely zoned out during the majority of Federal Regulatory Affairs. I guess I’m just not interested in that sector, but I have come to realize how thankful I am that someone at APTA is always working in that area so that I don’t have to worry about it. I’m definitely more interested in the state/federal affairs, PT-PAC, and Grassroots.

No comments:

Post a Comment