Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's up to you New York, New York

Today I explored the city! I woke up and planned my adventures, referencing the subway map. The NYC Subway is a bit more complex than DC, but I was able to figure it out nonetheless.


I found my way to Times Square and had a White Chocolate Mocha while people watching. I took a few pictures there, then headed to meet Bo Babenko for lunch. Bo was on the Student Assembly Nominating Committee the year before me, 2007-2008 and now practices at Star Physical Therapy in New York. Bo insisted that I must have Grimaldi's Pizza in Brooklyn, so his friend George drove us over to Brooklyn after driving me by the touristy sites of Manhattan like Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and the United Nations. We stood outside in the freakin snow for abot 15 minutes to wait for a table at Grimaldi's and it was completely worth it! The pizza there is delicious and Bo introduced me to Brooklyn beer, yum!









After lunch, I took the subway back into Manhattan where I walked around the streets for a bit and saw Bryant Park, The Empire State Building, and the Chrysler Building. Then I explored the largest Department Store in the World, Macy's at Herald Square.








I met Uncle Bub and Steven at their apartment by Washington Square Park, where we had drinks and then walked to a restaurant around the corner called Village Restaurant. I had the Seared Tuna with warm mushroom salad and cabbage spring roll and I also tried a bit of Steven's Grilled Lamb Merguez Sausage. The food was delicious and I had so much fun visiting with Uncle Bub and Steven!

After dinner, I met up with Liz and James for drinks at Landsdowne Road, a rugby themed pub in Manhattan. And of course, I drank my new favorite, Brooklyn Lager.

No comments:

Post a Comment