Monday, January 5, 2009

1st Day at APTA

I showed up kind of unannounced evidently. I was reminded all day long that I should have sent some follow up emails since October. Oops on my part! Everyone was really nice though and eager happy to have me there. The PT-PAC and State Affairs guys, Mike Matlack and Justin Elliot both remembered me from different events, which always makes you feel good. It’s nice to know that I’m not so forgettable J I spent most of the day fighting with the copy machine and planning what to do while I’m in DC. I found the DC Aggies website and emailed the president to see what kind of events they were having while I’m in town. I thought at least I’d make a happy hour. 20 minutes later I have 2 emails from Kelsey Walker and Jerri Ann Henry inviting me out for dinner and drinks. I met Kelsey and a bunch of her friends at a pizza joint for happy hour and am planning to meet Jerri Ann on Thursday evening. I had a blast with Kelsey and they invited me out this Friday. I heart the Aggie network! Interesting finding at dinner.. 1/3 of the girls are on eHarmony and New Year’s Resolutions were to fall in love and get married?! That is too much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment