Friday, January 16, 2009

Frostbite and traveling to NYC

This morning I decided to ride the metro to APTA for the first time by myself. I failed miserably at the point of the DASH bus. I got on the bus going the wrong way and by the time I realized I was not going the right way, I had to wait outside for a bus going in the correct direction for 20 minutes in 20 degree weather. I almost froze my toes off. I finally arrived at APTA at 10:00am, oops! Everyone had a good laugh at my fluke.

I had a follow up meeting with Mike Matlakc on PT-PAC issues. We're going to go ahead with the Captiol Corner idea for the Pulse newsletter every other month, with the first issue coming out in March.

also had a meeting with Monica Billger in Grassroots to discuss the current structure of the Student Liaison Network and what how we can better structure the beast. She was able to help me out with some ideas to bring forward to the Student Assembly Board of Directors.

Later that afternoon, I caught an Eastern Travel bus to New York City! The roundtrip ticket only cost $35 and the trip takes about 4 hours from DC to NYC. The bus left from Chinatown in DC, which was an interesting experience in itself. The bus really wasn't very full and it was pretty nice, just your normal charter bus.


I arrived in NYC at 10:00pm across the street from a 3-story H&M, so of course I went inside to browse while I waited for my cousin, James to meet me. We took a cab to his house on the Upper West Side. The cabs in NYC have interactive tv screens in them where you can watch the news or look at a map, pretty suave.



View Larger Map

James and Liz's place is awesome! I had a guest room all to myself while I was there, a serious luxury in NYC.
We went to dinner at a Thai restaurant right in the neighborhood called Land, so delicious! By the time we headed home, it was 12:00am and I was completely exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment