Thursday, January 15, 2009

Health IT, Advocacy Toolkit, and DC Ags Howdy Hour

Today I met up with Andrew at Union Station to walk over to the Senate Building for the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP) Committee hearing on Investing in Health IT: A Stimulus for a Healthier America. We stood in line for awhile and were one of the first to not be let in the room due to fire code. There was no overflow room, so we just came back to the office... so anti-climactic.
In the afternoon, I had a meeting with Dan McGill to discuss Student E-News and the APTA Facebook Page.

We discussed how to better utilize Facebook to communicate with students and how Student E-News could be utilized to communicate with and recruit student advocates for the Advocacy Challenge.

After that, I participated in a conference call with the panel creating the Advocacy Toolkit. The panel was quite complimentary of my contribution to the Recruiting Student Advocates and Social Networking/Blogging sections, which made my day!

Later that evening, I went to a bar called Carpool for the DC Aggies Howdy Hour. I saw Kelsey and Cody there and met a few new friends along the way. This guy had the best Obama shirt I've seen. I've got to find that shirt before I leave!


No comments:

Post a Comment